A Life

Full of music, feeling, love, beauty, and fashion. A life that is mine.

Monday, February 28, 2011

A Rant Worth Reading.

I hate war.

I hate the thought that we send innocent men to kill other innocent soldiers, women, and children--just to defend some governmental dispute, or our freedom.
I hate that the people of the world cannot respect each other enough, each other's culture, and differences, enough to just leave each other alone, or co-exist.

I hate the thought of people dying--murderously or peacefully.
That our soldiers had/have to mentally prepare themselves to die the next morning, or hour.
That beautiful cities like Dresden were destroyed in the name of war.

I believe that nothing good comes of war--good only comes when we win a war, and that is never guaranteed.

I believe that no man in uniform deserves an award for surviving--every single one of them do.
Enemy, or American.
Every one.

I believe that the German people do not deserve the stereotypes most Americans stamp on them because of their past. The Nazi movement does not define Germany in any way today.

The atomic bomb should have never been invented. (Granted, it was bound to happen).
What if someone in Hiroshima had developed the cure for cancer? Someone we killed?
What if they could've saved us from our own war-loving souls?

When an explosion can turn a desert to glass in a split-second, kill 120,000 instantly, and even more slowly, why have we not asked if we're doing something wrong, instead of rejoicing in the decimation of a population?
Rejoicing in the fact that we won the war,
by killing innocent people?

"Well that's just the price we pay."
NO.
That's the price they paid, and they didn't sign up for it.

I could never kill someone, no matter what amount of malice I had for them OR their country in my heart.

It's not fair, it's not right, and I will never understand how they do it.

Soldiers, of all branches of the military, I commend you for your loyalty to your countries--your job is something I could never do. Thank you. I don't understand you, or it, but thank you for doing whatever it is you think you're doing right.

S.W. 2-25-11

I wrote this while watching a video in American History Class Friday, I've made my point.
Feedback? Comments, please. I want to know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. 100%
    You hit the nail on the head with this one.
    I don't understand it at all...wait, no, I lied. I DO understand. I understand WHY we do what we do. We're the human race, it's what we do. And that's why war's not going away, no matter how hard we try, because there's always a Cain out there to ruin Abel's day. What I DON'T understand is how people can have their heads so far up their asses that they think taking somebody's life will solve any problem. I right there with you. I could NEVER take a life, no matter the situation. That's why I'll never be in the military, never be a police officer. It's why I'll never be able to sit and enjoy a war film (I'll never watch Saving Private Ryan for as long as I live). I just can't do it. There is NOTHING you can say that justifies ANY death. Of ANYONE, regardless of what they have done. There is ALWAYS an alternative. Sheesh...I think my comment has become its own blog post...haha. Whoops. Sorry. But you DID say voice the opinion...

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU :D
    I loveee comments like those.
    Thanks again, DaltoN :D

    ReplyDelete