A Life

Full of music, feeling, love, beauty, and fashion. A life that is mine.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mabel Grace Linch

She is the most perfect thing I have ever seen.


Yesterday, I was staying at my grandmother's house because mom didn't want me home alone while they were at the hospital and it snowed. I had a really good time, and right before it was time to go to bed, I broke down crying. I didn't know why, but I was just sobbing. It was really hard to hide it from her, but I'm not really ashamed anymore.


Today we didn't have school (duh), so I got to stay at home all day with my parents and new baby sister. Honestly pretty much nothing happened, until about 30 minutes ago.


I had been holding Gracie for awhile, but she had decided to wake up then. She was just looking around, and even though I know she can't see much of anything yet, it intrigued me. I really looked at her, and realized she is the most perfect thing on this planet. And here we go again, it made me cry. Joyful tears, but I was still crying. I was just overcome with love for this infant. My baby sister. She's perfect.



She makes me never want to grow up. She makes me wish I was younger. She makes me believe in miracles.


Beautiful, perfect, child.

3 comments:

  1. Babies are awesome.

    I mean, really. Total tabula rasa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this Sammie. Babies are always perfect and loving. They have this innocence about them that just makes you want to be a baby again. Everything is new to them, so they really get a chance to look and ponder about things. When you grow up everything is just....there. You never stop to think about anything at all. Like flowers. To them it can be the most beautiful intriguing thing. To us its...just a flower. whoo hoo. Thats why i love babies. They have that innocence and wonder, where we really go grow out of it. And they actually go with their judgement. lol If they don't get a good vibe they let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this is why you should grow up. So one day you get to wonder in amazement at the perfect little creature God creates for you.

    ReplyDelete