A Life

Full of music, feeling, love, beauty, and fashion. A life that is mine.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend Review

So Friday and Saturday, I went to the All-Region clinic at UCA. It was a really good time, hard rehearsals, and it all paid off with the best concert ever! Dr. Nguyen from the University of Memphis (my dream college) was our director and he was absolutely PHENOMENAL. Gah, what I would give to have that skill when I'm a director.

Sunday I went to work, then got home and lazed around for a few hours before an awesome girl's night with Syrena and Meagen. We rented "Easy A" from the redbox and bought cheap (AWESOME) facials. Easy A is an alright movie. It's witty and clever, but the plot is really dry after awhile. I liked it alright. We had a great night though :)
"Pretty Girl Rock" by Keri Hilson is our Theme song. for sure. Give it a listen if you don't mind catchy mainstream.

Today, I was a little down after I left Meagen's house. It was dreary and misty and it wouldn't even properly rain. Anyway--While driving home I heard Usher's new single "More" on FM 96.5, and I decided that the man is a genius of the music industry. He's always had my respect because he really knows what the general public likes. He knows his stuff. No wonder he's filthy rich and famous. Yeah. Usher.

I went to work again today for a short shift, and I got into a good conversation with my co-worker and dear friend Taylor Travis about our blogs. We agreed that it is the best thing to get feedback on your posts because then it's like you know people are listening to what you say on here. It's not like talking to a wall of 20 followers. I want to hear what you guys think. I don't care if you think it will hurt my feelings or whatever, but seriously, COMMENT if you read this! I want to know! Also, we both agreed we want our blogs to be well-recognized. SO if you would, please check out his--it's really eccentric and weird at times but never a boring read :) Right here, mayne.

For my finishing note, I heard this song coming out of work today, and it made my heart just break. It's really optimistic, but just the piano in the beginning felt just like I did inside today. Just a little melancholy. It'll pass.

2 comments:

  1. First I want appreciate you linking in my blog. :) I really like that you are going for, and are inspired by other directors. The first step to anything, is to know which direction you want to go, and you have that set. :) Also, I just wanted to say, that the most important part of life...doing all of the day in, and day out things, whether it is hanging with friends, watching a movie, working...just have fun. And through most of your blogs, I can say, that you are enjoying life. And for that, you get a thumbs up. (b^_^)b (<-- Guy giving thumbs up) Make me keep that thumbs up, by continuing to enjoy life. You deserve it, because you be Awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, thanks Taylor :)
    I'll do my best. haha

    ReplyDelete