A Life

Full of music, feeling, love, beauty, and fashion. A life that is mine.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

So much


Music.

Again another reference to another cliche phrase - "Music is my life". Everyone says it. Not everyone knows what it really means. I am a musician. I know what it really means to say that Music is my life and mean it. I believe I can change the world with music. I want to be a band director for that very reason. To teach the next generation about music, and to help them discover their passion for something that seems endangered to me. I want to be like Trusty.

Mr. Trusty, I must say, is awesome. He is definitely the biggest inspiration in my life, no matter how detached he seems :P. Sophomore year--he frightened me a bit. Then he would get talking about those "moments" you will have during a performance--those moments you only get a few times in a lifetime, and I looked at him a whole new way. It was last year I decided that being a band director was what I wanted to do with my life, and I have no-one else to thank for that besides Mr. Trusty and Mr. Tenney. They have the most respect of any adults besides my mom in my eyes. I don't think they know just how much they do by simply working as High School Band Directors. I have no way to thank them in the way they deserve to be thanked. Not only by me but by the whole Cabot Band in my opinion. Both of them have made me such a better musician, offering advice and encouraging me to always keep trying even when things seem impossible to get right. I feel like I'm living up to something when I perform in one of their bands. I feel like that is where I belong. Somewhere within a band. I want to make others feel that way. I want to grow up to be someone like them to someone like me. I want to be inspirational in the way that they are, without even trying to be.

On a final note -- Thank you to both of you, Mr. Trusty and Mr. Tenney. I owe you so much. So much Music. So much life :)


No comments:

Post a Comment