A Life

Full of music, feeling, love, beauty, and fashion. A life that is mine.

Friday, August 13, 2010

4 Simple Goals + DCI Musing.




Well obviously this post is about four simple goals I'm setting for myself before 2011. Hah. These will probably not be all that extravagant, but here goes nothing :)

1. Pray - Lately I have forgotten where my faith is, and how to come back to it, so for now I've decided the best thing I can do is just to talk to God again and quit being a stranger. I have a feeling that this will make me feel alot better about going back to church eventually. 2. Get back into gaming - Halo, specifically. I really like playing it, and right now I am TERRIBLE. I want to be able to be a decent challenge for my boyfriend eventually :P 3. Get somewhere with my Music- I mean outside of band. I write songs, and stuff. I want people to hear them, me and Chuck have got something going, for real :) 4. DO SCHOOL WORK - Ugh, as much as I hate it, I really need to make straight A's at some point this year.

Sorry I haven't been posting lately, nothing has really struck me as important enough to write about lately...at least not on my blog :)

Music: "Gravity" by Lucy Schwartz...actually, watch the video. Not only is the song beautiful but the video is absolutely inspiring.

And Usually that would be the end of my post, but I realized I needed to geek out about DCI now. Here are my thoughts.
1. I seriously dislike the Blue Devils. They do not deserve first place.
2. Carolina Crown needs to make their plot much more obvious. Considering that to me "Satan" just looked like a large African American Male hitting a small Caucasian female with a rifle because she cheated on him with the other African American man (aka, "Jesus"). Once a friend of mine explained what their roles actually were, the show made sense but not everyone has Michael Godsey to help them out on that :P.
3. The Cavaliers were AWESOME. Not only is "Mad World" by Gary Jules one of my favorite songs, but their "This is My Rifle" chant was utterly well, attractive. :P Cavaliers Drum Break/This Is My Rifle DCI Dallas 2010 <--very entertaining, but you really should watch the whole show. :)
4. Vanguard will always have my heart when it comes to DCI. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment