A Life

Full of music, feeling, love, beauty, and fashion. A life that is mine.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

We sing at night

Because we are
b
e
a
u
t
i
f
u
l.

I am amazed at the way inspiration can hit at the most unlikely of times.
I wrote this after running to the drive-thru window to get paper and pencil from Mareena. I've been sitting in Taylor's truck for about 30 minutes, and I just realized, that at 10:19pm, the birds were
singing.

I'm not sure if that happens a lot, but I have never heard a bird sing at night before.

I wondered why they would be, but then i turned that thought around and wondered,
Why wouldn't they be?

They are beautiful.
I could listen to their sweet, undulating, twitter-jargon all night, if not forever.

They have always been a huge inspiration to me, songbirds have.

They are free.
The definition of free is something difficult, but I believe if there were a way to determine its meaning, a wild songbird would do.

Even when the world is dark, muggy, and polluted, they still sing.
Right at the edge of the McDonald's parking lot.

I am simply amazed.

The cars, the halogen street lamps, and paved roads are non-existant to me right now.
I might as well be in paradise.
Laying in the back of a beat-up pickup, writing, and completely free of worry.

I wish I had heard them before tonight.
I wish I were a bird.

There's not very many perfect moments in my life, but for those twenty minutes that those birds sang, nothing could touch me. I was as free as one of them.

Life is amazing. All of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment