A Life

Full of music, feeling, love, beauty, and fashion. A life that is mine.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I'm not crazy,

I'm just a little unwell.
I know, right now you can't tell.


What am I feeling? I guess the word would be distraught. Someone I love is dying. For that person's sake, I can't say who. It's in the family...don't worry, none of anyone's friends are in danger.

I haven't seen this person in about 2-3 years. I had my reasons, but those reasons evaporated so I thought nothing of it really, until earlier this week when I found out that if I don't go to see this person this weekend, I'll probably never see them again.

I feel like crap, to say the least. I wish this wasn't happening. The part that really gets me is that this person still has a hand-print I left on their mirror when I was just old enough to remember doing it, circled in red and labeled "samantha".

They cared about me, and I didn't care enough to keep up with them enough to know that they had bone cancer. My own family.

I. feel. like. the. biggest. jerk.

because I am.

1 comment:

  1. No, you are not a jerk. Three little words told to the person in question will make it right: "I love you."

    and I do love you!

    P.S. I'm not the person she is talking about.

    ReplyDelete