A Life

Full of music, feeling, love, beauty, and fashion. A life that is mine.

Monday, June 20, 2011

I live to be inspired.


& to inspire.

Lately, I've been paying a lot of attention to a friend/aquaintance of mine, Emily Henard. She is just brilliant, really. She's been taking pictures of the simplest things, and they're all absolutely beautiful. Nearly ethereal. She also wrote this quote, that I'm not sure if it belongs to a poem or anything, but it is absolutely beautiful:

"I can feel the wings of the butterflies sticking to my throat as I try to expel them from my stomach. They leave such an odd coating of black on my lips, but it makes for a beautiful lipstick."

I couldn't tell you why, but I found that to be one of the most inspiring things I've ever heard. The image that it placed in my head was absolutely gorgeous, and hopefully she and I will bring
that image to life soon :)

&&Now that I've made myself sound like a TOTAL creeper........I can't help it. She really is BRILLIANT. You all should read her blog, "Owls in Trees".

Referring to the title of this blog, I really do live to be inspired. As selfish as that sounds, I would probably do anything to be inspired to create something. To write, to make music, to take pictures...because without inspiration, it's just simply empty to me. I cannot take pictures (at least not good ones) without any inspiration in me. Thankfully, usually just by looking at a person I can *be* inspired. The thing is, that person has to be comfortable enough with me to show me who they really are and how I can express that through a picture. & I cannot simply just take awesome pictures of nature, or architecture, unless I have inspiration to do so--otherwise, I just
get bored.

THANKFULLY, I've been very inspired thanks to miss emily, and some good music, and my life in general lately.

Something I'm working towards--Living to inspire.
Right now, I'm just living my own life. It's okay for me to depend on other things and people to
create inspiration for me, the way I see it. Soon, I'll be an adult. That's part of why I want to be a band director, because music inspires me, and teaching music inspires other people in the next generation. I'm really excited, but honestly it will take some work. There is an aspect of selflessness in teaching, and I think without that aspect, you cannot be a good teacher. People don't teach to make good money, at least not in America. Everyone knows that. People teach because it makes them feel more important.

To me, it would be living to inspire others...and that is everything I could ever ask for. To know I mattered to someone's inspiration, their creativity.


For now, inspire me, and I'll do my best to return the favor.

&&this is what I dream about.

No comments:

Post a Comment