A Life

Full of music, feeling, love, beauty, and fashion. A life that is mine.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Dream I Had Once

CHS Auditorium--on stage--in a crowd. I saw you, out of a sea of empty faces I saw your cliched face in the cliched crowd. You were trying to get to me, and I you.
Somehow, they always kept us apart, but,

suddenly:

They were gone.

I stood across that stage from you, I didn't say a word.

We met in the middle, and strolled out of the doors of the scene shop towards the parking lot.
Meaningless conversation. Holding hands. Happy.
We met your car--and it really wasn't your car, but I knew it to be your car in the dream. It looked nothing like your actual car.

Goodbye was upon us.

Temporary, yet permanently at the same time.

You were a living oxymoron.

Never quite within my grasp, but close enough to know my heart.


You touched my face, and said,


"Because I can't make you happy anymore,"


and blew away like cliched sand in a cliched wind.


I loved you then.






No comments:

Post a Comment