A Life

Full of music, feeling, love, beauty, and fashion. A life that is mine.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

222324FASHIONNN.


22- My favorite City.
MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE! Gahhh how I love it. Beale Street is absolutely wonderful, all the time. Moreso, I love Memphis's surrounding areas such as Germantown and Lakeland because my Grandparents live in Lakeland and Wolfchase Galleria is in Germantown! There's always something to do and some place to eat there and I have always felt at home in my beloved Memphis :)

23- Favorite Vacation
My favorite vacation would certainly be from when I went to the Grand Canyon on Memorial Day Weekend in 2008. It is such a wonderful place, and absolutely gorgeous :) Next time I'll have to take some hikes down into the canyon and see the North Rim.

24- Something I've learned.
I've learned that music and time heal all wounds. Laughter soothes an aching heart, and friendship is essential to happiness. As cliche as all that is.


Lately: I have aquired an obsession with the banjo. I'm trying to teach myself how to play
and so far teaching isn't the hard part, finding things to learn (songs/finger-picking stuff) is very
very strenuous.

Because Tessa Smith has wonderful fashion sense that is also purple, I borrowed this outfit/
dress from her for our UCA admissions social last night, and since I only wore it for three hours I
wore it to school today and decided to post another fashion exposè.
Shirt&Dress: Charlotte Russe. Dog Tags: Jake Thomas <3>

I felt cute, so why not? heh.

Yesterday I went on a field trip with the CHS Ecology Club to our Waste Management MRF (recycling center). It was really interesting to actually see the way the things we send from our school and homes get to wherever they get to to be made into things we can use again :) Afterwards we went to the Lakewood Center in Little Rock to eat at CiCi's Pizza, but they weren't open when we got there so we walked on down to Saied Music and I bought two new reeds and my banjo picks. Mitchell Lurie reeds are awful, don't ever buy them if you're any good or aspire to be any good at the clarinet. They cannot hold up to the right amount of air you have to use to create a musical sound. Atrocious, simply atrocious. The two reeds I bought are Vandoren V12's, and as soon as I started playing on one, my sound improved tremendously. Unlike the stupid Mitchell Luries, these V12's augment the good in your sound, not the disgusting airy, buzzy, crap that you get with a bad reed and a talented player. I am an extremely satisfied band geek :). At CiCi's Tessa and I had a lovely lunch with Anthony and Anthony, and then bought lots of temporary tattoos. We returned to school with a bee and a frog on our faces, and had to rip them off with tape in like 2 minutes before we left for the UCA social. We are also now in charge of Operation: CHS Cafeteria. We are formulating a plan to stop using styrofoam trays to start using recyclable trays, and to bring metal silverware back to the cafeteria instead of wasting tons of plastic. There will probably be a petition involved at some point, and as soon as we have it all worked out, CHS is sure to hear about it--whether with the newspaper or CHTV, we're going to get the word out about this.

In short, yesterday was a great day :)

"Oh soldier, Oh soldier, will you marry me?"
'The Nightingale' - Irish folk.

No comments:

Post a Comment