A Life

Full of music, feeling, love, beauty, and fashion. A life that is mine.

Monday, September 27, 2010

I wish I had something to write about.

I wish I didn't have something to write about.
What the F is my deal? I swear.


I'm feeling alot at once right now. I am confused beyond belief. I'm carefree one moment then ridden with memories the next. As if I should feel guilty for something I wasn't responsible for ending. /implodes.

On a lighter note, I went to Grandma's Collectibles today--got sidetracked on a trip to the store that was supposed to take maybe 10 minutes...ended up gone like 2 hours. I scored some new vinyl, which seems like an oxymoron because in reality these records are ancient. I'll finish up that note here in a moment though, because I just realized I never blogged about my birthday party D: ... not that it's that important, but it relates to the whole vinyl note.

Anyway--For my abridged birthday goodness. I had a Sock Hop! :D It was wonderful: Dancing, black-lip/face-staining cupcakes galore, "Still Alive" barbershop style, Red Light Green Light, and PRESENTS :D Everything I got from my dear friends was absolutely lovely. There are three things I feel the need to mention in my blog though. The first, probably the best present I've ever recieved from a friend, was two records dating about 1906/1907 from Harrison and Tony's (great?) Grandmother's closet of records. I teared up. I cannot explain how much that flattered me. Those two records are my favorite in my whole (growing) collection of vinyl. When played, I feel as if they've taken me back into the time of their creation. It is a truly wonderful experience :). Another is an Impakta Magicube camera that Danpea got me :) I haven't gotten to use it yet, but the fact that my friends feed my collections of vintage cameras and vinyl is still amazing to me. I honestly expected socks from someone, but each present I recieved was unique and thoughtful; That just goes to show how awesome my friends are. The third succeeded in making me cry. Jake Thomas, one of my very best friends, gave me a bear dressed in an army uniform. He left for Basic training on September 21, and I already miss him SO much. Oh and dog tags, he gave me those too, which drew sobs. :)

So back to that oxymoronic "new vinyl" note. One of the records I got today is alot like the two that Harrison got for me, but not quite as old. It plays just as nicely though and I love having it :D

Music: "Barnacles" by Modest Mouse. It really speaks to me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment