A Life

Full of music, feeling, love, beauty, and fashion. A life that is mine.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Mountains.


I just want to climb.
to the highest point possible.
I want to race over rocks and defy gravity and certain death.
Trouble is,
I can't do it myself.
I want
to escape.

I'm feeling vulnerable. It's horrible. I'm worrying about trivial and worthless things, but I can't help myself. It's my nature to worry. Once I'm over one thing, another pops up almost instantly.

I'm so worried about being left behind right now. I'm happy, my friends are happy, and I just feel like we're all going in separate directions--because we are. It's kind of scary. Even those who are going with me, I feel like I'm getting left on the back burner. I'm being selfish. I'm not the center of the universe. "Shut up, Sam. Inner turmoil is normal for you. Just shut up."

Is it wrong for me to worry that my friends don't actually care if I'm around or not? That's always been a big worry of mine. Then I just say, "Shut up
, Sam. Of course they care." What the hell do I know if they do or not?

Because they're honest, and I'm just delusional, and insecure, and just need to
Shut up.

I've got it all, so what is wrong with me?

On a lighter note, I got my first tattoo Saturday, and I'm really proud of it :)

1 comment:

  1. I feel the exact same way... It's like all my friends have all their plans for a future and, as selfish as it sounds, I'm simply not in any of them. It's even worse since I have no plan. I'm going to Europe to hopefully find answers but I'm going blindly, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete