A Life

Full of music, feeling, love, beauty, and fashion. A life that is mine.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

6 month mindf**k.

I cannot believe so much has happened in the last six months alone.  It has been insane. Crazy. Stupid. Absolutely stupid.  I remember certain songs, certain people, bridges burned, and new ones built.  I hate to see what I did to some people. Two in particular, Devin and Dylan. I can never be sorry enough for what happened between us. That's all that's really hitting me at the moment. Devin moreso. Because I know he'll never speak to me again because of this huge misunderstanding. I'm just glad that most of us who have been involved in all this crazyness of the last 6 months can be friends, and that we're all happy on our own.

 Life goes on, it moves too fast most of the time, but we've got to learn how to make it last. And now I'm learning, I'm pacing myself, I'm seeing the path in front of me and fighting for every step.  I'm fighting for my dreams, for love, and for happiness, every day.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes it just gets the best of us. I'm beginning to understand why this hell of half-a-year has gone by the way it did, and I thought I regret some of the decisions I made, but if I hadn't--I wouldn't be where I am now.  Happy. Absolutely content with life, and thrilled by every day of it.

So here's to the past: I'm sorry for the people I hurt, the bridges I burned with my own selfish desires, and I'm sorry that that's what it took for me to find out where I belong--but if it weren't for you, I wouldn't be where I am, and if it weren't for me, you wouldn't be so much better off without me.  Here's to having purpose within someone else's life.  Here's to changing things you didn't think would ever change. Here's to growing up just to be kids having fun again.  To the growing pains.  To the smiles. To the tears, the overjoyed and the distraught.

Here's to life. Let's not forget to make it last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment