A Life

Full of music, feeling, love, beauty, and fashion. A life that is mine.

Friday, October 14, 2011

The Death of Ivan Ilyich

"Ivan Ilyich's life had been most simple and most ordinary, and therefore most terrible."

Tolstoy, you are a genius. This is exactly the way I see things. Thank you, World lit II.

I have chosen to be a music major, despite the fact that everyone tells me "it won't be easy".

I don't want it to be easy, or simple, OR ordinary.

Life is FAR too short for "ordinary".

The only thing that I want to be "simple" in my life will be the love between my future husband and I. And even then, I want it to be complex, frightening, and beautifully intricate in every way. But it will be simply natural for us to feel that way about one another.

I cannot think of a worse fate than for me to die and have people say, "Well, she had a good life."

I want people to say,

"Damn, she really lived"

Something very important to me are my dreams. I have my head in other galaxies, my hopes are so high. Just so you all understand the extent of this dream I have, I suppose I should tell you.

I want to create a music institute in Africa, or a country like it. I want to bring the opportunity to learn more about music, & the chance to become a musician to those who probably have never even seen a violin before.

I want to start something bigger than just myself,
I want to change the world,
& that is the only what I know how.

Disclaimer:
I KNOW IT'S CRAZY,
I KNOW IT WON'T BE EASY,
& I KNOW I WILL never be rich,
or live a super comfortable life.
but
I do not care.

I am confident that I could do this & not even miss the comforts of middle-class America. If it means I change the world, even in the slightest, it will be worth it.

For me, music is hope. My rescue.
I want that hope to be reachable for everyone.

Consider this the launch of my dream, my change:

Hope Infinite: Music for everyone.

I'm ambitious, that's for sure, but definitely not in the way most people my age are. Money doesn't matter when I could change a life besides my own. When I accomplish this, not only will I be one of the happiest people on Earth, but so will TONS of kids.

Don't try to stop me now, you'll regret it when this does something you couldn't even dream of trying.


2 comments:

  1. Your dreams are what you strive for. Never give up striving and you will accomplish them! Your mind is in the right place and your attitude is good. You're an inspiring lady and I hope that some day I can come to your music school in Africa! It would be such a blessing to see kids who have a desire to learn and to use their hidden talent because someone like YOU had big dreams and didn't let anyone get in her way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I hope you can come visit someday, too :)

    ReplyDelete